Smart websites don’t just focus on tactics to improve conversions on their websites, but the follow a structured approach. It is very important for a consumer to be aware of this process because tactics and techniques keep evolving with time, but when you understand the process to come up with the new techniques, you can follow the same thought process and nothing stops you from being a step ahead of the brand.
The Process of improving Conversions
- Determine the parameters that need to be measured
- Make a list of all the questions that a consumer would ask before a purchase
- Capture all data that will help answer these questions. Set tools to capture this data
- Find answers for the questions (based on data collected)
- Make a list of all the unanswered questions
- Come up with probable answers for each of the unanswered questions
- Implement these set of probable answers in different versions of the website
- Test each of the probable answers and decide the winner(s) based on data
- Go back to step 1 periodically
The answers (probable or obvious ones) are the marketing tactics that are deployed on every website and after a while, the consumer gets smarter and has a new set of questions. These can be based on the changed environment, better competition, better insights with the consumer or any other factor. That is why it is important for every business to re-assess the consumer’s needs and queries and repeat the cycle.