Although there are hundreds of methods to sell and sales gurus have been teaching these for years, there are only a few methods that are really practical and have examples that support the theories.
It is important for a consumer to understand these concepts and know when he is being influenced.
Smart sellers and marketers are taught these concepts in advanced classes, so you can be rest assured that when you learn these methods, you will be much better placed to handle any sort of manipulation.
- Show belonging “you belong to their community”
- Use Fear of Missing out
- Make the user go through Guilt
- Build Trust (transparent, testimonials, be human, reduce risks, known brands, tell what your product does NOT do)
- Always answer these – Why, how, what – Golden circle
- Show Value to the customer (Perceived benefits)
- Focus on Instant Gratification
- Show to-Be State
- Use Novelty as a USP
- Tell a story about your brand
- Create a common Enemy
- Create curiosity
- Build anticipation
- Use Social proof
- Always use References in pricing (multiple options)
- Make them feel significant
- Create scarcity
- create Controversy for attention
- Show Authority
- Use Reciprocity by doing a favour
These 20 concepts are so powerful that when used by ordinary sales men too, the sales numbers sky rocket. You can see them everywhere on the internet, specially on the larger brand sites, so next time you get attracted by a product, take a minute and look for the actual reason that made you buy the product.